Friday, January 11, 2008

Basic Army Training Day 4 - Brace yourself....

it's going to be dry, warned the Sgt Major as he peeled back the seal of his rations pouch, today’s delight, powdered mash and cabbage. Not exactly French gourmet cuisine I thought.

Apart from good food, guns are the other thing I am becoming increasingly desperate to clap eyes on (not those sort Dan!).

Also becoming aware of the lack of women. There are no women on camp, apart from the regimental mascot, Shirly the goat. I’ve been here almost 5 days, 5 weeks is going to be tough. As I sit here furiously polishing my buckles starting to wish I’d joined the navy, at least there is the promise of a girl in every port, what good is this uniform if there are no admiring females to show it off too!!

Chaps, please send emergency rations in the form of Baywatch DVD’s and maybe the odd episode of Knight Rider for good measure.

Will post Saturday so have a nice evening Friday Night and Enjoy the Weekend if you dont check back until Monday.

The Captain!

No comments: